SQL, SQL, SQL.
When it comes to the SQLs, I know only a fragment of what I could. To fill in those gaps, I read. Oh, do I read. I’ve only read a few SQL books but I have read hundreds of articles and blogs.
Most of the time it goes like this:
“Hmmmm, that looks like an interesting article. Let me give it a nice ‘ol read”
“Oh…what’s this link? To another blog? Sure! Why not?!”
Then I must pull myself away and jump back into the databases.
I like blogs that stick to material I am looking for while also keeping my attention. At the same time, I try to avoid blogs that get too personal or complain too much. I keep my personal blog personal and my technical blog focused on the SQLs. I like to read blogs that try to do the same.
Here is my list of the Top 10 blogs I prefer (in no order):
- Grumpy Old DBAÂ – the name says it all
- DBA RantÂ – good stories here
- SQL Rockstar
- Shaun J Stuart – my recent favorite. Not a ton of updates but great posts
- Pinal Dave – Used to be my favorite but there is such a thing as too much content – it’s hard to keep up
- Happy SysAdmin – Great for learning some Admin skillz
- Paul White – Wowzer. This guys knows a lot.
- SQL Princess – She loves some CTE’s
The last thing I would like to say to all these blogs is – thanks! You’ve helped me a lot.
Do you read blogs? If so, which ones?